Your Apple ID is the personal account you use to access all Apple services. With a single Apple ID and password you can shop the iTunes & App Stores, set up iCloud on all your devices, communicate with friends and family using iMessage and FaceTime, make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store, and much more.
Do you already have an Apple ID?
You only need one Apple ID to access all Apple services. Before your create a new Apple ID, consider whether it might be better to continue using one you already have. Keep in mind that you might not be able to move data or purchases from an old Apple ID to a new one.
If you aren't sure if you already have an Apple ID, we can help you find it. If your email address has changed, you can change the address you use for your current Apple ID to continue using it.
Create your Apple ID
To create your Apple ID, go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) and select Create an Apple ID. Here's what you'll need:
- A valid email address to use as your Apple ID user name.
- A strong password.
- Three security questions and answers as a second way to verify your identity or reset your password.
- Your date of birth.
Sign in with your Apple ID
Use your Apple ID and password anytime you're asked to sign in to an Apple device or service. Use the same Apple ID every time you sign in so that all your devices and services work together seamlessly. For example:
- Sign in to iCloud to keep your personal content up to date on all your devices.
- Sign in to the iTunes, iBooks, and App Store to make purchases and access previous purchases.
- Sign in to iMessage and FaceTime with your Apple ID to communicate with friends and family.
- Sign in to Game Center with your Apple ID to play games with friends and track your achievements.
- Sign in with your Apple ID when you set up a new device.
See a complete list of features and services that use your Apple ID.
Manage your Apple ID
Because your Apple ID is used across all your devices and services, it's important to keep your account information up to date. Simply sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) any time to manage your account:
- Update your Apple ID email address to make sure it's an address you use frequently.
- Change your password to help maintain the security of your account.
- Reset your security questions to make sure they're easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess.
- Add a rescue email address to help you reset your security questions if you ever forget them.
- Add alternate email addresses to make it easier for others to communicate and share with you.
Help us protect your account
The security and privacy of your Apple ID is very important to us. Here are some things you can do to make sure your account remains private and secure: