Learn how to change your Apple ID password.
Follow these steps to change your Apple ID password. If you can't remember your password, follow the steps for what to do if you forget your Apple ID password.
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
- Click “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
- If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you're unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
- Click "Password and Security".
- In the "Choose a new password" section, click Change Password.
- Enter your old password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Click Save when done.
The next time you use an Apple feature or service that uses Apple ID, you'll be asked to sign in with your new Apple ID password.